Lusatian Mountains Lusatian Mountains Lusatian Mountains
Spišská KapitulaSpišská KapitulaSpiska Kapituła (Spišská Kapitula)

Spišská Kapitula

Spisska kapitula is a small village from 12nd century. It has been always classed as ecclestial place. The village has joined to Spisske podhradi town in 1948. Nowadays Spisska kapitula is a national cultural reservation with its late Romanesque catedral of St. Martin and late Gothic Biskupsky palac (episcopal palace). St. Martin caterdal dates back to 1245. The dominant features are two vast towers, a sanctuary, a long elegant nave, a precious interior decoration from 14th century and a Gothic altar. The foundation stone of the Biskupsky palac (episcopal palace) was placed in 1652 and is mainly interesting for a clock-tower from 1739.


  Accommodation Smižany
13 km
  Accommodation Košiarny Briežok
14 km
  Accommodation Čingov
15 km